Tuesday, September 29, 2015

The Argument

This was all in Spanish so hopefully I can translate, haha. 

So we started teaching a Jehovah's Witness which is always fun and I didn't want to teach him at all because I knew he was going to argue with us. So during the first 20ish minutes of the lesson I just sat there and listened to them argue and they went back and forth and I felt weird but then the JW pulled out Revelations 22:18 and said we can only have one Bible. And I was really calm and I heard a loud voice that said ask if he believes everything in the Bible and show him Deuteronomy 4:2. I said so you believe everything in the Bible right? "Oh yes of course." 
"So I have a verse for you. It's in Deuteronomy 4:2 which says 'Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.' So everything in the Bible after this verse is wrong right? " 

And then I testified how the Book of Mormon isn't another Bible. It is just another testament of Jesus Christ. Then he brought up how Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost are all one person. I heard another voice saying ask him again if he believes everything in the Bible and show him Matthew 3:13-17. So I again asked, "Do you believe everything in the Bible?" 
"Yes of course." 
"Okay what does it say in Mathew 3:13-17?" 
"Well it says Jesus Christ is in the sky and the Holy Ghost is in the form of a dove." 
"Okay so you just said that they were in three different spots, right?" 
"Uh yes but..." And then I testified how they are three separate beings. 








No comments:

Post a Comment