Monday, May 8, 2017

Read Matthew 14:22-33

So my week was pretty full of emotions! I have been the happiest and the saddest and the maddest and then the chillest this week... but like I said with the title you must read that story before reading this story. 
So I love this story because I can relate to it so much! So to help you understand this story, the apostles were sent on a boat while Christ went to go pray. They were rowing in a storm for literally hours. Then on the 4th watch, so between 3am and 6 am of the next day (lots of rowing right?), Christ starts walking out to them on the water! And at the point of view of the apostles it is pitch black with a huge storm and some lightning. So every once in a while they can see. So they are doing their thing on the boat and one of them sees in the flash of the lightning a spirit of some sorts. (I would be dying if I were there). And the first thing they hear is "Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid"  then "Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou bid me come unto thee on the water" Christ said "...Come" so Peter, the head guy, starts to walk out to Christ and will not keep his eyes off of Christ and he does very well, until (always an until with Peter) until he hears the thunder and feels the wind and the storm. Then and only then does he take his eyes off of Christ. If he had kept looking at Christ all would have been fine, but he didn't or couldn't, because of his fear. Fear is a word that I hate. Now if I were to say I fear the Lord that is a different kind of fear which is good, but the fear Peter felt for the "storm" or the "world" was bad. So Peter starts to sink and sink fast. What does he do? Pray or call to the Lord for help! (We should all do that). 
So my life has not been hard by any means. I can in no way compare my life to others but I have received challenges based on my personality and spirit that have pushed me to do better! So like Peter I have received my calls and my times to walk on faith and I like Peter have just looked away because of fear. 
So starting this week, like all of you know, I was put in a trio!! Super happy. Then we lost a missionary (he went home), so sad, and then we found out why, super mad. Then the week chilled out but we are covering 6 wards right now. I feel like a missionary in Utah. We have so much on our plates right now. It is very stressful, but I know right now I am starting to walk on the water and if I keep looking at Christ everything will be alright. 

We also did funny weird things that have pictures or videos that I will send.





No comments:

Post a Comment