Thursday, July 9, 2015

Hola Hermanas y Hermanos!!


How are you guys doing? I would just like to start by saying thank you all for the birthday wishes! And also about the pictures! 

I bought a wicked sweet scripture case with Captain Moroni on it! And on the bunk bed that I sleep on, it had none other than the crazy elder himself Elder Pratt! 

Mi español es mas o menos! It could definitely get better! Our service project is to help the noobies get their stuff to their houses and I love only speaking the few words I know. The faces they make are priceless! Sometimes we will shout in an angry voice "LECUGA" which if I'm spelling it right means lettuce but they normally get really scared! 

Today is day 2 of solo Español and man is it difficult! But it is a lot easier spelling things in Spanish because all you have to do is sound them out! 

It is so sad that Elder Packer passed away but an amazing man who had served the Lord for a huge part of his life! We are going to watch the funeral tomorrow

We had a devotional two days ago about how missionaries are disciples of the Lord and how closely related to the apostles we are! Missionaries and apostles are the only people authorized to preach the word of God to either their mission or the world! We are the only ones with authority to baptize without permission from the bishop of that area! I strongly encourage everyone to get close to the missionaries. They are the closest we can get to meeting the apostles as we can! And I know some missionaries can be a little bit lacking when it comes to the spirit. But you need to help them see the light of Christ! Missionaries need your help just as much as you need theirs! 

I can't wait to get out in the field and really know what it's like to serve the Lord with all my heart might mind and strength! 

I challenge every one of you like I got challenged by Elder Bednar (except Elder Bednar told me to do it in Spanish and I'm telling you to do it in English). I challenge each and every one of you to read or re-read the Book of Mormon and read one that is cheaper, just the Book of Mormon. And highlight the Christ-like characteristics that you see throughout the whole thing. Highlight the times when someone turns outward and doesn't think of themselves and becomes as Christ-like as they can! 

I love you all!




1 comment:

  1. That's hilarious to see Elder Pratt's signature! The church is a small world. Good to read of your going's on as a missionary. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete