Monday, August 31, 2015

Qué Padre

If you are going to post a picture of Facebook please only tag my old Jordan Studyvin Facebook not my elder one. Love you all. 

Monday: Full 45 minute workout! It's almost 6 pm and it was a normal day of pdaying. We had two lessons planned but they both fell through but then we received a phone call from the elders quorum president asking if we would like to go to his house for family home evening. That is just a time set apart for a family to come together and learn more about God and come closer as a family. His 9 year old daughter taught the lesson. It was so amazing how strong a 9 year old is in the gospel. Like it says in  Matthew 18:2-3  2 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, 3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. I just really like those scriptures because children are the sweetest things in the world if they are raised correctly. Key word "if". 

Tuesday: I ran for 45 minutes straight with out stopping!  I am dead! I am going to study finding in doctrinal  study this morning because today is my day to lead the first few moments with people in Spanish and Elder Manzano is going to lead the first few moments if we meet someone who speaks English! It has been a bad day. Our only "solid" investigator we have doesn't want to be baptized anymore!  Our lesson with our less actives wasn't there. Hopefully the less active we are going to visit is here she is really nice but talks a lot. We talked with her but we didn't teach anything because it was "raining". To me it was sprinkling if that. And I was standing in the rain while talking to her and she said are you okay you're gonna get sick in this awful rain. I just laughed and said thanks but I'll be fine it's 100* and sprinkling. If I get sick I will be surprised. And then we are going to meet with the young men's president and see if he needs anything. The young men's president is the best. Great lesson with him! Matthew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. That scripture was the scripture of the day for us! 

Wednesday: I got an okay work out today... I wish we could ask the girls to leave! We had good lessons today with less actives about going to church hopefully they come this Sunday. Then we had a lesson with a PI (potential investigator). She and her daughter are freakin interested. I am just upset that I am going to miss the next lesson with them on Saturday because I will be hitting it up English style with the ZL. 2 Nephi 11:7 For if there be no Christ there be no God; and if there be no God we are not, for there could have been no creation. But there is a God, and he is Christ, and he cometh in the fulness of his own time. I just really like that scripture. 

Thursday: LEG DAY!  I am freakin dead!  Today is going to be a long day! We don't leave the house until 4 then we have a lesson at 4:15then dinner and lesson at 5 then lesson at 6:15 then lesson at 7 then another at 8... I CANT WAIT!!  I am just praying that non of them cancel on us! James 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. I have faith that they won't cancel but now I have to put in the work! Mathew 5:16Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Every member a missionary! If you are a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints be happy in everything that you do! You know the answers to the three W's 1. Where did we come from? 2. Why are we here? 3. Where are we going? I ask everyone reading this to truly ponder in your hearts the three W's and search for the answers and I can testify that the only way you can find the full correct answer is through the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. If you are not a member of the church I ask that you ponder these questions as well and if you can't find the answer to these questions email me or call some of the many friends you have that are Mormon. Another thing I would like to point out is that everyone deserves to believe what they want and everyone should be willing to defend any type of religious freedom. Even if you may not agree with it you still should defend that persons right to believe and worship as they please. The Prophet Joseph Smith said "I am bold to declare before Heaven that I am just as ready to die in defending the rights of a Presbyterian, a Baptist, or a good man of any other denomination [as for a Mormon]; for the same principle which would trample upon the rights of the Latter-day Saints would trample upon the rights of the Roman Catholics, or of any other denomination who may be unpopular and too weak to defend themselves. If you desire to worship freely but you don't want someone else to worship a certain thing then you do not have a right to worship freely. It is my belief that a man and women are ordained of God. And I have a  right to believe that, but that does not give me the right to hate or criticize people who wish to lives there lives the ways that they want, but they do not have the right to criticize me just because I believe something different from them.  All of our lessons fell through and no one wanted to talk with us!  So I had great studies this morning but that is it... 

Friday: there was a lady in the gym today... A lot of meetings today so not much studying got done today... We taught three lessons today first one was with our dinner I did it all! #icankindofspeakspanish The second one was with a lady who is strong in her faith and just wants to argue with us I didn't really understand her because she talked really fast! The last lesson was with a less active member and again I taught it #irock and I just talk about the blessing of coming to church and I shared the scripture in Mosiah 2:41And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it. I really like this scripture because it makes me want to obey the commandments of God as best as I can so I can live again with him forever! We are waiting for our ZLs to get here so we can go on exchanges! #bunnunlockthetruck #bunndontkillmytribe 

Saturday: Full 45 minute run! #tribeslowdown Tribe is the best! I wish he wasn't getting transferred in a couple of weeks. We talked while we drove and we were super spiritual. It was the best mix of both! We taught a lot of less actives and they loved us and want to go to church again! #tribeandstudyvinrock  I love American food so much! We had a member fed us lunch at a place called Boston Market #yummy then a member fed dinner with pizza #superyummy #canistayinamerica? It was really nice getting a breather from Mexico. 

Sunday: It is another one of the missionaries birthday and he lives with us so tonight everyone from our district is coming over to sleep over! I'm not that excited. We did a lot of finding but nobody was interested but no fun stories. So our ZLs and one other companionship came over so there was 8 elders in a house meant for 3 maybe. We stayed up talking till 3 in the morning. I'm so glad today is P-Day! 
~Elder Studyvin


No comments:

Post a Comment