Monday, February 13, 2017

Service Saturday, A Cowboy Hat and No More Service Shoes!

So just a fair warning to start this letter off. I am in the slowest English area in the mission. So we basically have no investigators, so to make up for it we do service for the members a lot. So this letter will only be about this last service project we had with a member who owns a dairy farm. :DSo this story starts on Friday night. I was about to go to bed at around 10:25. (I was kind of tired), and Elder Parker told me "Hey we will be waking up a little earlier in the morning." I thought to myself wait why but was to tired to question so I fell asleep. Well the alarm went off at 3 in the morning. I was so upset to say the least. I got told, "Hey wear jeans and a long sleeve shirt if you have one. Oh and you probably should wear some good working shoes." I
thought to myself wait I only have jeans and my tennis shoes which are okay working shoes. So I got dressed and the other missionaries we live with were coming with us as well. We drive for a least 30 mins away. I was so lost. We showed up to the dariy farm and I was so excited. So the member's name is JT. He told us everything we needed to
do. And my first thought was my shoes are going to die... and they did... so for the next hour maybe two we were feeding all of the cows. He has close to a thousand. We had his normal workers there to help us. So the last part of the service we had to take all of the calves from their little pens which only held one of them at a time. We had
to take them all out and herd them into a semi truck so they could be taken to some other dariy farm that had bought them. We all took turns 
which shift we had whether that was just herding them to the truck or being inside the truck doing all of that. It was hard, but a lot of fun!! So after we finished doing all of that, the member TJ said that
everytime he has the elders help him he choose one of us to give a 
prize to. He said the award for the best cattle herder goes to Elder Studyvin. I thought,"Wait what I have never done this in my life how is this possible." So my award was a cowboy hat! It's pretty sweet! So we were driving home and I was taking a look at my shoes.. my left shoe
doesn't have a sole anymore and the right one had a huge hole on the top... I was upset that I don't have service shoes anymore but I am happy I got the hat!!





No comments:

Post a Comment